Found this meme on my friend Wrekehavok’s page. I had a lot fun going through the list and deciding what I would and would not eat. Some of it was easy, as I only eat kosher food and a bunch of things here don’t qualify. Some are hard to get kosher, but would be possible. Although I eat only kosher food now, I did eat non kosher food in my youth, so I can bold some things on the list that are not kosher.
There were also those things that I had never heard of, but looking them up was fun too!
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
- Venison – Despite a few chances I have not yet had venison. Until recently is was not easy to get kosher venison, but it is now.
2. Nettle tea – I am a BIG tea person, but tea needs to have tea in it, not flowers and herbs.
3. Huevos rancheros – Eggs any way are GREAT!
4. Steak tartare – Although I LOVE beef, I am not interested in eating it raw.
5. Crocodile – NOT KOSHER
6. Black pudding –
NOT KOSHER, and I would not eat it if it was!
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari – NOT KOSHER
12. Pho – This can be kosher, just never found it. Would absolutely eat it!
13. PB&J sandwich – Aw, come on. How many people said they never ate this!
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses – I assume this is the cheese from France.
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns – NOT KOSHER (although I have had steamed vegetable buns)
20. Pistachio ice cream – YUM!!!
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras – YUCK!
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese – Totally gross!
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper – Don’t think I am daring enough!
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters – NOT KOSHER
30. Bagna cauda – Sounds good
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
– I’ve eaten Clam chowder and soup in sourdough bowls, don’t know if together.
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float – Double YUMM!!
36. Cognac with a fat cigar – Don’t smoke, never will!
37. Clotted cream tea – Clotted cream is fine, but not in tea!
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects – No Thanks (although many are Kosher!)
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more – Definite YES!
46. Fugu – NOT KOSHER
47. Chicken tikka masala – Hard to make kosher due to yogurt, but possible!
48. Eel – NOT KOSHER
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut – Triple YUMM!
50. Sea urchin – NOT KOSHER
51. Prickly pear
53. Abalone – NOT KOSHER
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal – Don’t think they had the “meals” when I ate non kosher!
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores – Quadruple YUMM!
63. Kaolin – Clay????
64. Currywurst – NOT KOSHER
66. Frogs’ legs – A field trip with French class years ago. They do taste like chicken!
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake – Quintuple YUMM!
68. Haggis – NOT KOSHER (thank God)
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette – NOT KOSHER
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill – That’s just disgusting!
77. Hostess Fruit Pie – Still one of the few mass produced snack items that is not kosher due to Lard in the ingredients.
79. Lapsang souchong – A real tea, finally! Smoked black Chinese tea. In NYC I get an Earl Grey that is smoked in this manner!
81. Tom yum – If made Kosher.
82. Eggs Benedict – NOT KOSHER (although I make something similar, poached egg on toasted English muffin topped with cheese)
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant. – Would love to if it could be kosher!
85. Kobe beef – Cannot get this kosher, although you can get Wagyu Beef, which is the American version of Kobe beef.
86. Hare – NOT KOSHER
89. Horse – NOT KOSHER and should not be legal!
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam – NOT KOSHER
92. Soft shell crab – NOT KOSHER
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish – NOT KOSHER
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox - What do you think!
97. Lobster Thermidor – NOT KOSHER
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee – I HATE COFFEE
100. Snake – NOT KOSHER